some configuration questions

James A. Crippen james at UnLambda.COM
Mon Feb 12 21:16:29 CET 2001

On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, Pavel Machek wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > I've some questions regarding the configuration of bird. > > 2. How
> do I tell bird not to accept and not to send any RIP requests/updates
> > from/to given interfaces? If I understood the documentation
> correctly, "quiet" > tells not to send anything (but to receive) and
> "nolisten" tells not to listen > (but to send) to an interface. Is
> there a mode that permits both?
>
> If you do not want it to listen and do not want it to send, why are
> you configuring it on that interface?

If you don't want it to listen and don't want it to send then you just
don't list it.  List each eth* interface individually.  Don't list the
ones you don't want live.

If it's a pain to write all those config lines then write a script that
generates them.  Works for me...

'james

--
James A. Crippen <james at unlambda.com> ,-./-.  Anchorage, Alaska,
Lambda Unlimited: Recursion 'R' Us   |  |/  | USA, 61.2069 N, 149.766 W,