Parse error with OSPF area stmt?

James A. Crippen james at UnLambda.COM
Fri Jan 5 20:29:25 CET 2001

On Fri, 5 Jan 2001, Michael Renzmann wrote:

> Hi.
>
> > I removed the "rfc1583compat no;" line and it works fine.  The parser is
> > complaining about the line below where it seems to die, I think.  I just
> > tried with the following:
> >
> > protocol ospf {
> >   rfc1583compat no;
> > *  import all;
> >   export all;
> > }
> >
> > And the parser complained about the line marked (*).  Removal of the line
> > above this (the one containing "rfc1583compat no;") fixes the
> > problem.  Any idea what's happening here?  This is a completely repeatable
> > bug.
>
> Did you try to move that line (rfc...) some lines below (for example between
> "import all;" and "export all;")? Where does the parser die then?

I moved it below the area stmt (below my interface declarations) and the
parser dies one line after the "rfc1583compat no;" line.  Totally
reliable.

I guess I could run it under gdb to see why it was dying.  I'll do that
when I get a chance.

'james

--
James A. Crippen <james at unlambda.com> ,-./-.  Anchorage, Alaska,
Lambda Unlimited: Recursion 'R' Us   |  |/  | USA, 61.2069 N, 149.766 W,