local route disappearing

Eric Leblond eleblond at init-sys.com
Sat Jul 12 22:13:08 CEST 2003

Hi,

I experiment strange behaviour (too, sorry I don't know OSPF) when using
BGP.
On one of my router I loose the interface route of one ethernet
interface.
It is used to a BGP connection :
	R1 - ethernet - R2
It seems that we've got the following phenomenom :
	- R2 send the interface route to R1
	- bird on R1 put this route in the main table destroying the interface
route.
	- bird on R1 detect that there's no route to R2 and stop the session
(Netlink message)

The configuration is symetric, R2 used also bird.
There's no problem on R2, so the problem has to come from the difference
in the configuration.
R2 works with main table and R2 works with different table.

Here's a : show protocols
name     proto    table    state since  info
kernel1  Kernel   MAIN     up    Jul11
device1  Device   MAIN     up    Jul11
direct1  Direct   master   up    Jul11
static1  Static   MAIN     up    Jul11
static2  Static   ADSL     up    Jul11
pipe3    Pipe     ADSL     up    Jul11  -> MAIN
bgp1     BGP      MAIN     up    Jul11  Established
bgp2     BGP      ADSL     up    Jul11  Established
bgp3     BGP      MAIN     up    Jul11  Established

The configuration ot the pipe is :

protocol pipe {
        table ADSL;
        peer table MAIN;
        import filter pas_nos_ips;
        export filter pas_nos_ips;
}

I can provide the complete conf if this explanation is not enough.

BR,
--
Eric Leblond <eleblond at init-sys.com>
Init-Sys