Success, and thanks

Harry Moyes harry at shoka.net
Fri Jun 27 01:06:12 CEST 2003

All

Just a small success report, I've compiled and installed bird 1.06 on a half
dozen or so RedHat 8.0 and 9.0 boxes. I'm only using it for RIP at present,
will try OSPF shortly.

I've integrated it into the RH startup scripts OK, but would like to script
birdc to do shutdown and reloads in the usual RH standard init scripts.

Is there some way to pipe commands into birdc that I'm missing?

If not, if I hacked birdc to accept command input, would this be of general
interest ?.

(make no mistake, I'm not up to coding OSPF for IPv6 ;-)
 simple hackery only envisaged.)

My compliments on a very nicely designed and documented
project.

Harry