Archive?

Yury Bokhoncovich byg at center-f1.ru
Wed Nov 12 06:47:17 CET 2003

Hello!

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Gordon Henderson wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Ondrej Filip wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Gordon Henderson wrote:
> >
> > > Is there an archive of this mailing list kept anywhere?
> >
> > No, I'm afraid. What are you looking for?
>
> Nothing really specific - I'm considering using BIRD and just wanted a
> feel for what current user experiences, stability, just to get a feel for
> whats been asked and whats not, really!

We've got BIRD running for 3 months uptime with 1 peer, then (read: one
day before yesterday) I reboot the host due to maintainance operation.
Not yet 2nd peer up, I'll try it ASAP.
BIRD eats near 15MB total and 14MB RSS for full-view BGP stream with one
peer (approx. 126000 routes in the system).
There was a little glitch with our gibberish config 'cos we also make use
2 non-BGP links and policy routing for them (ip ro, ip ru) on E1 trunk.
BIRD had catched one link right and had got stuck on 2nd link
(i.e. the system had partially wrong routing).
After killing and restarting BIRD all became OK.

Sorry, we have no experience with OSPF/RIP. We just have migrated from our
Cisco 3620 to a more affordable PC-router (IBM x305) and seems to be
happy.

--
WBR, Yury Bokhoncovich, Senior System Administrator, NOC of F1 Group.
Phone: +7 (3832) 106228, ext.140, E-mail: byg at center-f1.ru.