authentication message-digest ?

Alexandros Stergiakis alsterg at freemail.gr
Mon Nov 28 19:00:14 CET 2005

Hi Dmitry,

I had also the same problem with a cisco 4000. After sniffing around, I
  found that in cisco generated packets there is a field with improper
value. According to the official protocol (RFC2328 page 229) the 16-bin
field just before the key ID should be filled with zeros, whereas in
cisco generated packets is not.

This bug (as it seems) could have been very well corrected in newer
versions of IOS, since I'm using a quite old version of IOS for my
tests. I would be glad if you could check weather this is the cause of
your problem in you case.

I attach the sniffer's logs for the curious.

regards,
   Stergiakis Alexandros
   al_ex

http://www.freemail.gr - ДЫЯЕэМ УПГЯЕСъА ГКЕЙТЯОМИЙОЩ ТАВУДЯОЛЕъОУ.