Where can I get some help?

bird at richins.org bird at richins.org
Thu Feb 2 19:31:02 CET 2006

Seriously, is this list used for anything other than spam?

I subscribed because I needed a little support.  If no one other than
spammers use this list, it is useless.

If I have come to the wrong place, and you happen to know where the corect
place is, please let me know.

Also, be aware that this is an aliased account that can (and will) be
deleted if abused.

If you've got this far, I must assume that either you have a morbid sense
of curiosity, or you actually care.  Either case, here is my problem:

I am currently using Debian Woody and routed as a firewall.  I wish to
upgrade to Debian Sarge (which comes with bird)  From what I have read, it
is an impressive project, and definately diserves to be included in the
distro.

My problem is that bind is having issues when used through a PPPoE
connection (or possibly I just don't know how to set it up for one)  It
seems to recognize the interface with the tunnel endpoint address, and not
the actual public IP that I am assigned through the tunnel.

Using a DSL-Modem as a PPPoE end point is not an option for me as I do not
have a DSL connection.  I am subscribed to a FTTP solution (Fiber to the
Premise) wherein my provider offers me a 100Mbit ehternet conenction.  I
must then use a router that supports PPPoE for conneciton.  I refuse to
use their provided D-Link router as it lacks way too many features.

I'm sure that there is additional information that I could give to help
troubleshoot this but I am unsure what to give.

Thanks in advance for any help.