porting bird to ecos

Aditya Veer Singh singh_avs at yahoo.com
Mon May 15 08:16:14 CEST 2006

Hi,

Thanks there seems problem with fcntl
fcntl(fd, F_SETFL, O_NONBLOCK) is not supported in the OS being used for arguments F_SETFL and O_NONBLOCK.

Is there any other the functionality required by BIRD can be achived without the above call? I tried 'setsockopt' but it also didn't worked.

Is there any way by which making the socket as non-blocking can be avoided and still BIRD works for BSD tcp/ip stack.

Regards,
Aditya

Martin Mares <mj at ucw.cz> wrote: Hi!

> I am trying to port BIRD to eCos. I configured BIRD for BSD as eCos has BSD tcp/ip stack and only enabled RIP as routing protocol.
>
> The problem that I face is that fcntl(fd, F_SETFL, O_NONBLOCK) fails while
> applying the configrations and ends up in calling the method called bug. If
> I comment  the fcntl call than somwhere down die is invoked.

On what fd did it fail? If on a socket, then it's a clear bug in the eCos
POSIX API.

    Have a nice fortnight
--
Martin `MJ' Mares      http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mj/
"God doesn't play dice."   -- Albert Einstein