porting bird to ecos

Aditya Veer Singh singh_avs at yahoo.com
Tue May 16 17:08:53 CEST 2006

I got work around using ioctl for getting non blocking socket.

Andreas Steinmetz <ast at domdv.de> wrote:
  Martin Mares wrote:
> BIRD doesn't need fork(), but as I was thinking about non-blocking IO,
> it could be probably worked around by using select() or poll() after
> each IO operation. Does eCos support these calls properly?

Be careful. There are cases when select/poll may return signalling data
but on receive there isn't any available and thus receive will block. I
do remember there was a lkml thread about this problem. It may work as
expected on other OS, though.

Andreas Steinmetz SPAMmers use robotrap at domdv.de