Newbie Help

Paul Kroon pakroon at ursinus.edu
Sun Feb 10 13:15:34 CET 2008

Hello,

I am just beginning to dive deeply into BGP, and I was hoping to use a
simulator to start examining the different aspects of it.  I think BIRD
will be the easiest for me to start with, but I was hoping to find some
help with how to set up my system to simulate a few routers.  I'm just
looking to simulate 2 or 3 AS's sharing some route information, but I'm
not sure what setup is required in my system in order to do this.  Any
help starting out, primarily with what I need to do to my system and the
configuration files, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul Kroon