Several bugreports

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Sat Jun 28 11:19:40 CEST 2008

On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 10:38:02AM +0200, Ondrej Filip wrote:
> Ondrej Zajicek wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
> >I tried bird (1.0.11, OSPF) and i found several bugs
> >or strange behavior:
> >
> >1) Bird is generating strange warnings:
> >
> >'bird: nl_parse_link: Malformed message received'
> >'bird: Ignoring bogus route 0.0.0.0/32 received via ospf1'
> >
> >(on some routers several messages per minute, on other routers
> >one message per several minutes)
>
> Could you please send me some examples of your configuration?

It runs on a circle of 5 routers (two i386 (PC), three mipsel
(RB532)) connected by wireless links (atheros, driver madwifi).
One link is not direct but it is a GRE tunnel over another
two routers (not participating in OSPF), but as far as i know
these problems appeared even when this link is disabled.

Some links are configured using /32 addresses (ip a a 192.168.10.1 peer
192.168.20.1) from other interfaces' range (local ethernet), others are
using normal addresses. All links are configure as type pointopoint
in bird. As far as i know, these problems appeared even when only normal
addresses were used and configured as type broadcast.

The configurations are attached. bird1.conf is  used on
4 routers, bird2.conf is used on gateway router.

I am using bird from Debian, but it is only slightly
patched (like missing includes and two strcpy->strncpy
replacements).

If you want more information, please ask.

Yesterday, i found another problem. After some play with bird i started
to receive 'bird: ospf1: Err_Hook called on interface ath1 with err=101'
and ospf links didn't estabilish. Even restarting bird didn't help, i
had to restart whole router.