bgp export filters?

Harald Michl harald.michl at univie.ac.at
Fri Feb 13 20:55:01 CET 2009

Hi!

I've two questions regarding filtering of bgp announcements. One
simple and one more complicated :-)

The simple one:

I do not want to announce prefixes that have the community 0:64003
attached, but all other prefixes. What I did is:

export filter {
	if (0,64003) ~ bgp_community then {
		reject;
	}
	accept;
};

The peer receives no prefixes at all. Any hints?

The other question is more interesting/complicated. Is it possible to
include some kind of macros in outbound filters? What I would like
would be:

export macro XYZ {
	if (0,<remote-as>) ~ bgp_community then {
		reject;
	}
	accept;
};

and in the per bgp peering section I'd only write:

export filter XYZ;

Does that feature exist? If not, would somebody else need something?

regards,
Harald

--
  Harald Michl                <harald.michl at univie.ac.at>