question on md5 and linux

Wolfgang Hennerbichler wh at univie.ac.at
Wed Jul 8 10:34:03 CEST 2009

Hi,

sorry if this question has been asked 100times before, but I didn't
find a mailing list archive. We (VIX, ACOnet) are taking a look at
BIRD within the following months to use it for various purposes. One
of the requirements though (and unfortunately) is to support md5
passwords. I know bird is capable of doing this but as far as my
understanding goes this is something the operating system has to
support, too. I know linux does now have native md5+tcp support in the
kernel. Is this supported with BIRD? If so, does anybody have a hint
for me how to use it (for not having to reinvent the wheel) on linux-
side? Is there a wiki (other than euro-ix which I know of) where I
could add precious information regarding my work with bird?

thanks for any help;
Wolfgang

--
www.vix.at | www.aco.net