debian package, remote update

Martin Kraus martin.kraus at wujiman.net
Sun Mar 15 21:35:26 CET 2009

hello. I'm upgrading bird to the latest version using debian repository (thanks
for creating it btw) at bird.network.cz.
There is a minor problem with the package. It stops bird and then asks if you
want to overwrite bird config. If you do it remotely and bird is used for
routing, you loose connection and kill the network this way. I can do it from
a neighboring router but given the importance of bird in the network, would it
be possible to configure the package to first ask any questions and then
restart bird? Or simply not to touch /etc/bird.conf at all, since there is
hardly any point to it.

thanks
mk