When adding virtual network interfaces, BIRD crashes sometimes...

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Fri May 15 14:27:38 CEST 2009

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 04:51:22PM +0800, ChuYinsu wrote:
> And I checked the bird is not running:
> pgrep bird (no results returned)
>
> And the terminal cannot be open either:
> sudo birdc
> Unable to connect to server control socket
> (/usr/local/var/run/bird.ctl): No such file or directory
>
> Well, I tried to figure it out but I still don't know why this would happen...

BIRD (when compiled from sources) uses by default prefix /usr/local,
therefore expects configuration file in /usr/local/etc/bird.conf and
directory /usr/local/var/run for its socket. You can copy config file
to that position (and create that directory if it does not exist) or
recompile BIRD with different --prefix option.

You can also compile BIRD with --enable-debug and then it expects to
find config file in current directory.