problems: bird on ulibc openwrt with ospf

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Fri Nov 6 13:47:53 CET 2009

On Fri, Nov 06, 2009 at 01:28:06PM +0100, Thomas Osterried wrote:
> Hello,

> Bird told it was learning the routes (from OSPF between the two embeded
> routers), but they did not appear in the kernel routing table.
> I even used strace and ltrace and saw that bird did not do any system- or
> library-calls for setting routes.
>
> The debug output has not told me why.

Does debug output contains at least anything?

Perhaps you could try to use
log "/var/log/bird" all;
(or some other directory in ramdisk)

If there is not just some problem with stderr.

> Do you have any ideas what causes this problem?

Strange. Could you send me output of configure?
Perhaps it failed to open netlink socket, but it should be
logged.

> Btw, when do you expect bird's ospf will learn the NSSA (not-so-stubby area)
> feature?

Hmm, don't know.