Problem setting IPv6 next-hop in BGP

S.H. Verbrugge ief at soleus.nu
Fri Nov 20 10:36:41 CET 2009

The 1.1.6 release seems to have fixed it (using missing lladdr ignore). I
just found out
about the release after I sent this mail :-)

> Doesn't answer your question, but it seems to me that rather than doing :
>
>        export filter {
>                if source = RTS_STATIC then {
>

> To make sure you only export the static routes, not the "device" routes,
>
> it might be better to set up a separate routing table like so:

I just tried taking this route, but it seems BIRD is ignoring the routes
unless I set up a filter
to explicitely accept RTS_STATIC.

But I suppose separating from the kernel routing table IS useful in my case.

Cheers,
--
 /\/\  Hostingvereniging Soleus               |  Community-driven
< ** > http://soleus.nu                       |  Virtual Private Servers