another bug: system time change

Andrew Lemin andrew.lemin at monitorsoft.com
Fri Apr 9 17:37:06 CEST 2010

Hello,
This is my first time so sorry if I have not done this right.

I have seen this problem before.
I have seen this in Linux when the BIOS synchronises its time with the OS.

The Linux OS could have been fine and have had a valid NTP source, but periodically there is some form of synchronisation that occurs between the BIOS and the OS and weird things can happen.

This is probably nothing to do with bird.

PS; A Virtual BIOS does exactly the same thing.
Ie. the real BIOS time gets synchronised with all the Virtual BIOS clocks (one for each VM), which each in turn synchronise with their respective guest.

Check all your BIOS times (physical BIOS and virtual Guest BIOS').

Hope this helps.
Andy.