"ip sla monitor" with bird ?

Hervé COMMOWICK hcommowick at exosec.fr
Fri Aug 13 18:21:27 CEST 2010

On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 14:42:56 +0200
Ondrej Zajicek <santiago at crfreenet.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 05:11:49PM +0200, Hervé COMMOWICK wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I know this feature is highly cisco related, but i want to know if
> > it can be planned for a future release or not ?
> >
> > For those who maybe doesn't know this kind of feature, i want to
> > condition bgp advertisement or kernel route sync with an external
> > check.
> >
> > By the way, i'm interested if someone have done similar mecanism
> > with opensource software.
>
> Although BIRD does not support this internally, something like that
> can be done for static routes by having separate shell script for
> monitoring and that script could enable and disable (using birdc)
> static protocol (in BIRD) containing routes.

Is it something that can be planned for future release, because i think
it can be much simpler to be able to do this directly inside bird :)

btw, i will make a script with birdc for now.

Thx a lot.

--
Hervé COMMOWICK, EXOSEC (http://www.exosec.fr/)
ZAC des Metz - 3 Rue du petit robinson - 78350 JOUY EN JOSAS
mailto:hcommowick at exosec.fr