Using BIRD at an internet service provider

Juliano NS julianons10 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 16:17:39 CET 2010

Hi,

We are a webhosting company and are moving from single to dual-homed,
with two internet transit providers. Each internet connection will
receive full BGP tables and will handle around 500 Mbps (300 Mbps out,
200 Mbps in).

We have been hearing pretty good thing about BIRD and are considering
it as our routing daemon. The idea is to setup two boxes with BIRD as
edge routers, one for each connection to the transit operators. These
boxes will announce routes to our core router via iBGP.

Do you reckon BIRD is suitable for this job?

Thanks in advance.

Juliano