ECMP/multipath support

Joakim Tjernlund joakim.tjernlund at transmode.se
Wed Dec 15 14:27:31 CET 2010

> On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 10:03:08AM +0000, Andrew Lemin wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > How is development coming along for adding multi-path route support into BIRD?
>
> We already have BIRD multipath support for OSPF, static and Linux kernel
> protocols in our Git repository [*]. RIP will probably come soon, although
> it is a bit tricky.
>
> [*] git://git.nic.cz/bird.git

I remember we had an discussion about multiple unnumbered ptp links between
two nodes. There was a potential problem in OSPF with asymmetric routing
but the conclusion was that it would not happen as BIRD didn't support ECMP.
Now that BIRD does support ECMP, has the above "problem" been fixed too?

 Jocke