BIRD wiki proposal

Nick nick at somerandomnick.ano.mailgate.vanet.org
Sun Dec 19 08:44:09 CET 2010

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 09:06:16AM -0300, Andrew Latham wrote:
> Sorry, I am a bit of a lurker on this list but I must chime in.  In
> the last 15 years I have watched many projects grow and let me say
> that community documentation is a good step.  It is hard and can
> appear to fail while it is working well.  I am setting up a wiki-farm
> for some internal projects and would suggest you look around for a
> large wiki-farm at a university that will exist long term.  All major
> Wiki's and software does have an export path to PDF style documents.

If you want your documentation to exist long term, you shouldn't lock it
up in some random wiki storing its pages in some random database format.
ikiwiki stores your pages as regular files and uses git as the version
control system instead of inventing some random VCS.  ikiwiki also makes
it easy for people to contribute to your wiki without ever opening some
random browser.

Some Random Nick

--
Wanna turn ICANN into ICANNt?  Join a darknet today:
http://www.anonet2.org/darknet_comparison