ECMP/multipath support

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Wed Dec 22 18:44:59 CET 2010

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 09:41:22AM +0100, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> > But now i realized that a scenario with two parallel links where both
> > are bcast (not ptp) would not work with ECMP, which is probably what
> > you wanted to notify me of. This would be fixed.
>
> Precisely :)

After a second look on that issue it seems that the code works properly
even in that case - en->lb, which is returned by calc_next_hop(),
is updated in link_back() before each call to calc_next_hop().
Therefore, for each connection it returns proper next hop address and
these are later composed to the multipath nexthop.