ECMP/multipath support

Joakim Tjernlund joakim.tjernlund at transmode.se
Thu Dec 30 02:17:24 CET 2010

Ondrej Zajicek <santiago at crfreenet.org> wrote on 2010/12/30 01:55:34:

> On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 10:21:58PM +0100, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> > > Ah, now I see. You took the concept one step further.
> >
> > How does the lsa pos in add_network work for ac_stubnet_list?
> > Stubnet lists does not have en interface connected, perhaps ac_stubnet_list
> > isn't applicable for add_network?
>
> Local stubnet lists aren't back-propagated to main table. So the
> behavior is the same as before, they got NULL iface in add_network
> and are later eliminated.

Ah, good to hear.

Any plans to add support for Opaque LSAs/GMPLS in the near future?

 Jocke

BTW, I think the README could use an update:
 "This software should be considered a beta version. It has undergone extensive
  testing by the authors, but since it's the first public release, only a limited
  amount of "real life" experience is known and there still might be problems
  with operation in unusual environments."

I am sure BIRD has come a long way beyond beta :)