BGP newbie need help

Ondrej Filip feela at network.cz
Sun Jul 4 20:54:35 CEST 2010

On 4.7.2010 19:19, Maciej Drobniuch wrote:
> 2010/7/4 Ondrej Filip<ondrej.filip at nic.cz>:
>> On 4.7.2010 17:27, Maciej Drobniuch wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi All!
>>> I have established a bgp session to my isp using bird.
>>> I have one problem. The session works great but it doesn't advertise
>>> my inetnum. I can't find it in the documentation how to define my
>>> inetnum and how to advertise it?
>>
>> Did you define some static routes?
> No, I did not. Should I create a static route for my self and
> redistribute it via bgp?

Yes, you should. Otherwise there is nothing to export. Which you can
see from the output of show route preexport bgp1

You may add something like:

protocol static {
        route 192.168.1.0/24 reject;
}

Or this could be some real route in case you do not run some IGP. Or
you can export some device route if it's e.g. some anycast node etc.

			Ondrej