No routes seen, as32 issue?

Simone Morandini simone.morandini at mix-it.net
Wed Jun 23 18:00:44 CEST 2010

Hi bird-users,

I'm having a problem with the latest member I've connected to the route
server.
I followed the same procedure as the others (generating the config file
with a script), but although the session is actually established, he
doesn't receive any of the routes announced on the route server.

bird> show protocols all MYPEER
  Routes:         1 imported, 0 exported, 35 preferred
  Route change stats:     received   rejected   filtered    ignored
accepted
    Import updates:              1          0          0
0          1
    Import withdraws:            0          0        ---
0          0
    Export updates:              1          1          0
---          0
    Export withdraws:            0        ---        ---
---          0
  BGP state:          Established

while, for example, for our router (MIX) it shows:

bird> show protocols all MIX
  Routes:         1 imported, 635 exported, 34 preferred
  Route change stats:     received   rejected   filtered    ignored
accepted
    Import updates:              1          0          0
0          1
    Import withdraws:            0          0        ---
0          0
    Export updates:           1009          1          0
---       1008
    Export withdraws:          372        ---        ---
---        372

MYPEER announces only one network and I'm actually receiving it both via
the direct peering and the route server, but he doesn't receive any
routes from the other neighbors.
He is not sending any communities to the RS, nor he is filtering. He
just applies a specific local preference to the bgp session with the RS.
MYPEER has a 32-bit ASN. I know that BIRD (I'm running v. 1.2.2) is AS32
compliant, but this is the only difference with respect to the other RS
participants.

Any clue on where to look further?

TIA,
Simone.