bird6 crashing when restarting pipes

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Tue Mar 2 08:09:20 CET 2010

On Mon, Mar 01, 2010 at 10:24:38PM +0100, Arnold Nipper wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> DE-CIX is running BIRD since a couple of days. So far it's behaving
> almost perfect though it has to carry heavy load ;-)
>
> Did anyone see bird6 or bird crashing when restarting pipes? That's what
> I've seen.

Hmm, we don't have any such bugreports. I would suggest to run
bird/bird6 with enabled core dumps (ulimit -c unlimited) and
non-stripped (with debug symbols, stripping is done by
'make install', just copy the binary after 'make', non-stripped
binary ~ 1 MB, stripped ~ 300 kB). In the case of a crash,
if you send me the core dump and the bird binary, it usually
allows to locate and fix the problem.