minor bird crash

Wolfgang Hennerbichler wh at univie.ac.at
Mon Mar 22 10:58:18 CET 2010

On Mar 22, 2010, at 09:26 , Arnold Nipper wrote:

> On 22.03.2010 07:32 Wolfgang Hennerbichler wrote
>
>> Don't know if it is optimal, but I can tell you how we do it: Our
>> routes are generated from the RIPEdb (I won't discuss why not RADB,
>
> I guess you mean prefix filters, not routes. Right?

prefixes, pardon, it was way too early in the morning when I was answering :)

>> there are a couple of reasons for that). After the generation of the
>> routes (with a script called rpsltool, btw, I refused to go with
>> bloated rrdtool)
>
> I guess you mean IRRToolSet, and I guess too that rpsltool is a
> NIH-tool, isn't it ;-)

I don't know what NIH means, but you are correct that I meant the IRR-stuff. God, where was my brain this morning, haha.

> Otherwise: not sure, whether this approach is worth the effort.

we designed it to work like this from scratch, so the effort in our case was a patch of the code that cost me one hour or so.

> Best regards,
> Arnold

Wolfgang

--