iBGP over redundant link/ospf and dummy interface

Arjan Filius iafilius at xs4all.nl
Tue May 25 08:59:21 CEST 2010

Hello bird users.

new on the list.

What i like to do is a  bird (linux) doing iBGP with another bird bgp
router, direct connected with 2 links (for redundancy)

until now, i wanted to do this  with a single iBGP session to/from IP's
configured on a dummy(loopback) interface, and let a simple ospf handle
this.

iBGP should then become multihop, and there starts my trouble.
My gateway (neigbour iBGP) is dynamic (ospf) and bird likes to have a
predefined one.

My questions:
1)am i on the right track with ospf handling the local redundancy/routing ?
2)or is it perhaps a better idea to have to iBGP sessions over both
(redundant) links ?

Another question, not related.
this morning i found my disk full (bird debug logging), and noticed my
ubuntu 10.04 TLS didn't handle that.
is there a preferred way to handle logrotte/reopen logfiles without any
change distubing the bird/bgp proces?

Regards,  and thanks in advance.

--
Arjan Filius