rpsltool templates for BIRD route servers

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Mon May 24 11:27:25 CEST 2010

On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 04:42:41PM +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On May 22, Ondrej Zajicek <santiago at crfreenet.org> wrote:
>
> > > I released a new version of rpsltool[1] which contains an example
> > > configuration file and template for generating the complete
> > > configuration of a BIRD route server.
> > Could you send me an example of input and output? I can give
> > you some hints with regard to BIRD config.
> What do you mean? The examples provided in the package are fully
> working: you run one of the scripts and you get a complete BIRD or
> OpenBGPd configuration file.

Thanks. Although i cannot run the rpsltool (Debian packages libyaml-perl
and libyaml-syck-perl does not contain YAML::Any, probably the script
needs newer version), the example script is clear and readable enough.
The generated config is fine, i have just one note:

1) why use 'scan time 604800' in device protocol section?
Device protocol is a part of core functionality of BIRD
(i consider it slightly misleading that it has a protocol
section, like normal protocols) so it is needed for proper
working of BIRD. I would suggest keeping default value of
'scan time' or using something like 10 or 20.