Reload fails - bird 1.3.2

Alex Bligh alex at alex.org.uk
Wed Aug 17 20:56:37 CEST 2011

I think this is harmless, but
  reload all
does this:

bird> reload all
kernel1: reload failed
device1: reload failed
MyBGP: reloading

If I understand rightly what reload is meant to do for kernel/device
(nothing), shouldn't this either report 'reloading' or say 'skipped'
or something? I spent a little while debugging this thinking
I've done something wrong. Config below (same as before) just in
case I have.

--
Alex Bligh

protocol kernel {
        persist;                # Don't remove routes on bird shutdown
        scan time 10;           # Scan kernel routing table every 20 seconds
        import all;
        export all;
        learn;                  # Learn all alien routes from the kernel
}

# This pseudo-protocol watches all interface up/down events.
protocol device {
        scan time 10;           # Scan interfaces every 10 seconds
}

protocol bgp MyBGP {
         local as 65000;
         neighbor 10.255.199.1 as 65000;