bird 1.3.2 - kernel / learn / filters

Alex Bligh alex at alex.org.uk
Wed Aug 17 22:39:03 CEST 2011

--On 17 August 2011 22:50:06 +0200 Ondrej Zajicek <santiago at crfreenet.org>
wrote:

>> Using the device protocol, I can mask out all the interfaces
>> bar these autogenerated ones because I give them a name with a
>> constant prefix.
>
> Perhaps the direct protocol (to filter generated device routes)?

Sorry, I meant the direct protocol. I didn't even realise you
could export from the device protocol.

However, this doesn't pick up situations where the interface
itself is unnumbered, with just a static route pointing out of
it (for /32 numbering), which is my issue. The static route
is inserted by a separate call to "ip route" (by me), and
looks like this:
  ip route add 4.4.4.4/32 proto SOMEPROTO nexthop dev evrr-000001

Even though it has a "dev" next-hop, it isn't a device route
in bird terms, and only the kernel (bird) protocol sees it, as far as
I can tell.

--
Alex Bligh