Tables

Alexander V. Chernikov melifaro at ipfw.ru
Sun Dec 4 09:31:27 CET 2011

Pawel Tyll wrote:
>>> I  would  like  to  insert  exported/imported  prefixes  to  tables on
>>> FreeBSD,   so  I  can  easily  and  cheaply  filter  traffic  on  peer
>>> interfaces.  Is there some facility in bird for this already? I didn't
>>> see anything like it in documentation.
>> Option: kernel table <number>
> I  was  talking  about  ipfw  tables. Sorry for not being specific.

The "right" way is to write "firewall" protocol which can
insert/withdraw prefixes with optional constant (or filter-settable)
number. This is not so hard, btw (and I got one place where it is
definitely needed).

Various custom blackhole communities can be implemented this way, too

At the moment you can do 'birdc show route table XXX' | awk | sort >
file1, ipfw table YYY list | sort > file2, diff -u file1 | file2 and do
ipfw add/del based on +- sign