Check on routes announced by peer

Simone Morandini simone.morandini at mix-it.net
Wed Feb 9 18:32:21 CET 2011

Hi all,

>> In the scenario where filters was applied on pipes, not on BGP
>> protocols,
>> all received routes can be viewed via CLI:
>> show route protocol <PEER> table <TABLE_FOR_THAT_PEER>.

apologies for "upping" my thread, but I'd like to solve this issue...
With the above suggested command, "show route protocol <PEER> table
<TABLE_FOR_THAT_PEER>", I do see the networks of that peer, so it looks
like he is announcing correctly to the route server.
Anyway, I don't see these routes propagated to the peers, neither with
"show route where bgp_path.first=<peeras>" from birdc, nor from the
peering router...

Where should I look for those "lost" networks? Filtering is done the
very same way as for the other peers, as the config file is generated
through a script.

Thanks a lot,
Simone.

believed to be clean.