ECMP/multipath support

Joakim Tjernlund joakim.tjernlund at transmode.se
Mon Jan 3 17:37:25 CET 2011

Ondrej Zajicek <santiago at crfreenet.org> wrote on 2011/01/01 10:51:03:

> On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 02:17:24AM +0100, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> > Ah, good to hear.
> >
> > Any plans to add support for Opaque LSAs/GMPLS in the near future?
>
> Nothing specific. Where (and how) is this feature used?

We have an old zebra based GMPLS TE (using RSVP too) to allocate
paths through our network. Don't know much about it(yet) but
if we were to move to BIRD we would need support for this.

Something else, in calc_next_hop:
    struct ospf_neighbor *m = find_neigh(ifa, rid);
    if (!m || (m->state != NEIGHBOR_FULL))
       return NULL;

    return new_nexthop(po, m->ip, ifa->iface, ifa->ecmp_weight);

don't you need to return all next hops for ptmp links now that you
support ECMP?

 Jocke