Open socket on OSPF Stub interfaces

Alex Bligh alex at alex.org.uk
Tue Jul 5 11:09:57 CEST 2011

--On 5 July 2011 11:16:21 +0200 Ondrej Zajicek <santiago at crfreenet.org>
wrote:

> No, it is completely pointless. This is one thing i would like to fix
> soon. If you have a static list of IP/prefixes, one workaround is to
> activate OSPF just on non-stub interfaces/prefixes and add stub
> prefixes using 'stubnet' option.

I have a similar deployment requirement (lots and lots of interfaces)
which don't need ospf running on them, two default routes learnt,
routes for the interfaces advertised.

As all my routes are directly connected, my plan was simply to
redistribute into OSPF. However, the issue here is that some of the
routes are interface routes (i.e. routed to the interface rather
than the interface being numbered). For reasons I don't fully
understand, a numbered interface can form part of an OSPF
stubby area, but an interface route can't (wrong LSA type).
In the absence of NSSA, is changing the LSA type of redistributed
connected and interface routes an option? (this also has the
advantage I don't need to reconfigure bird when adding/removing
routes).

--
Alex Bligh