"include" global option?

Martin Mares mj at ucw.cz
Mon Jul 25 17:28:25 CEST 2011

Hello, world!\n

> I was wondering whether an "include" general option could be implemented as
> to segment large BIRD configuration files to smaller parts, a lá BIND. This
> should be trivial to implement I suppose, and could really help with
> scripting and clarity.

At the dawn of time, when we started thinking about BIRD configuration,
we got the idea that if a config file were executable, it would be run
and its output parsed -- this way, you could start e.g. with #!/usr/bin/m4
and have includes and macro processing.

Maybe it's too crazy, but still...

				Have a nice fortnight
--
Martin `MJ' Mares                          <mj at ucw.cz>   http://mj.ucw.cz/
"A semicolon. Another line ends in the dance of camel." -- Kabir Ahuja