Fwd: Re: ospf loading for ever...

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Sat Jun 25 10:27:21 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 07:56:40PM +0300, Tapio Haapala wrote:
> I resend this because I forgot complete subscription first. So if this
> is duplicate message I am sorry.
> But to the problem:
>
> I have similar issue but I dont have multiple ip addresses or mtu problem.
> Looks that on some cases another side router stuck to loading state and another side is on full state. On this point
> I must restart this side what says that it is on full state.
> So looks that some how that router what ways "loading" wait something from that router what says "full"
> but because this "full" it does not send it any more... Or something :)
> wierd thing is that even stop and start this router what is on loading state it not help.
> I must stop and start this router what is on full state.

Such random problems were common in really old versions, i hoped that we already
fixed all of them as on my network (~ 120 routes, ~40 routers) i didn't noticed
that problem for a year. But maybe there are some remaining ones. If you
encounter that problem, could you make a tcpdump log
(tcpdump -i IFACE -s 0 -w FILE proto 89) of that interaction and look
for suspicious messages in BIRD log?