Newbie question - create filter for prefixes to export and also modify bgp next hop

Mathias Wolkert tias at netnod.se
Wed Mar 2 14:55:53 CET 2011

Hi

On 3/2/11 11:32 , Ondrej Filip wrote:
> On 2.3.2011 10:36, Mathias Wolkert wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> As said, I'm new to BIRD and struggling a bit with the config syntax.
>>
>> I'll try to explain what I want to do.
>>
>> I have a few prefixes, lets say 10.1.1.0/24, 10.2.2.0/24, 10.3.3.0/24.
>> I want to announce these (and only these) in a BGP session, but with a
>> modified next hop.
>>
>> How would I do this?
>
> Add this export filter to you BGP session:
>
> export filter {
> 	if net ~ [10.1.1.0/24, 10.2.2.0/24, 10.3.3.0/24] then {
> 		bgp_next_hop = X.X.X.X;
> 		accept;
> 	}
> 	else reject;
> };
>
> (I did not check syntax, maybe some ';' is missing.
> 		Ondrej

Working fine, thanks a lot.

Now say I want to do this for all my +100 peers could I do the filtering
once in a filter and call that in every session?

Another thing.

One of these prefixes I want to originate from a different AS.
In IOS and quagga I can do this with "set as-path prepend" and get:

prefix/mask	<local_as> <prepended_as> i

Doing this in BIRD gives me a different behavior and I get:

prefix/mask	<prepended_as> <local_as> i

A little bird told me about this not beeing wrong, but closer to what
the standard states.

Do you agree?
How would I get around this, another table and pipes?

/Tias