New release 1.3.1!

Matthew Walster matthew at walster.org
Mon May 2 10:42:31 CEST 2011

2011/5/2 Ondrej Filip <feela at network.cz>:
> Changes:
> Version 1.3.1 (2011-05-02)
>  o Added Linux kernel route attributes krt_prefsrc and krt_realm.
>  o Added BGP option 'med metric' related to MED handling.
>  o Allows to use constants from /etc/iproute2/rt_* files.
>  o Several bugfixes.

Just a word of warning to those thinking of just blindly upgrading -
there have been some syntax changes in the configuration files.

For instance, I use BIRD primarily to get a live view of BGP, so all
it's peerings are via eBGP multihop. In a protocol statement, I had
"multihop 64 via saddress;" (where saddress was a pre-defined
constant) which I had to change to just "multihop 64;"

Of course, those of you with critical infrastructure uses of BIRD
(IXPs etc) you'll test and discover this rather than encounter an
issue like this ;)

Matthew Walster