pptp + bird

Amadeus amadeus at freehop.mooo.com
Thu Aug 2 20:56:40 CEST 2012

Hello list,

is there any best practise to advertise static routes when interface
names change? I have many ppp uplinks running on a server (ppp0, ppp1,
ppp2 etc.) with static routes on them which I configure like this:

> protocol static {
>   route 10.0.0.0/28 via 169.254.0.1;
>   route 10.0.0.1/28 via 169.254.0.1;
>   route 10.0.0.2/28 via 169.254.0.2;
> }

On startup, bird recognizes perfectly which interface they belong to
but if ppp reconnects, the interface name may change and so does the
routing information - so it has to be updated by bird, is that any
possible? All I can do right now is "check link on" so routes will
disappear at least when interfaces go down. There is no 'scan' option
for static routes as far as I understand the documentation, or can this
be done any differently?

Thanks,
Amadeus