Several ptmp OSPF sessions over a single interface

Ruben Laban r.laban+lists at ism.nl
Wed Aug 29 07:43:16 CEST 2012

On 8/28/2012 11:39 PM, Ondrej Zajicek wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 12:09:32PM +0200, Ruben Laban wrote:
>>
>> So far the testing with (3) has shown it to be a rather nice solution
>> problem. It even seems to handle the additional use case where there's
>> floating (high-available) IP addresses involved (as aliases) properly.
>> Just one small question though: Is there some trick to "AdminDown" a
>> session between 2 given peers in a pmtp setup, other than invoking
>> packetfilters and have the sessions time out?
>
> I don't think there is any.

Ok.

>> Removing the "neighbor"
>> from either end and doing a "configure" keeps the session alive it seems.
>
> This is probably a bug.

What I deduced from my limited testing is that the "neighbors" setting
determines which peers to actively "detect". Packets received from peer
that are not explicitly mentioned in the config, but reachable
network-wise, will be communicated with just fine and will keep doing
so. It will even try to re-establish the session after the peer stops
sending packets. This could very well be the intended behavior, it's
just that it "screws" me when trying to do the "AdminDown" stuff ;-)

I don't expect to be needing to "AdminDown" sessions very often, so the
use packetfilters is a viable solution for now.

Regards,
Ruben Laban