weird routes apparing in linux cache route table

Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz arekm at maven.pl
Wed Dec 19 06:25:23 CET 2012

On Wednesday 19 of December 2012, Martin Kraus wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 10:35:31PM +0100, Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz wrote:
> > On Sunday 16 of December 2012, Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Linux 3.0.18 (using multiple routing tables with priorities set via ip
> > > rule but that's not relevant here I guess), bird 1.3.8 and weird
> > > problem.
> >
> > 3.6.10 kernel and the same problem exists.
>
> interestin. I thought route cache has been removed in 3.6

route cache was manifestation of the problem in 3.0.18 not the problem itself.
You are right of course, there is no route cache in recent kernels but that
doesn't mean problem should be gone.

In 3.6.10 kernel tries to find IP X on locally connected interfaces (sends
ARP requests; IP shows up in neighbor table etc), so the final effect is the
same as in 3.0.18.

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz, arekm / maven.pl