Neighbor lost for bird6

Stefan Jakob stefan.jakob at de-cix.net
Thu Feb 23 16:55:29 CET 2012

Am 23.02.12 15:13, schrieb Simone Morandini:
> do you mean if the route-servers lost connectivity towards the peering lan?
> After stopping and restarting the bird6 deamon everything went back to
> normal behavior, I'm not sure what triggered the error I was having...

Yes. Since only IPv6 of your dual-stack setup got lost. I saw something
similar with an expiration timer of the peering IPv6 route.

ip -6 route | grep expire

showed an expire for my prefix for the peering lan.

Maybe there is a problem with your neighbor cache or something like
this. Guess you also disabled all not needed/not intended IPv6 proc
features like accepting IPv6 RAs and so on?

/proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/$INTERFACE/

I don't have any real clue regarding your problem, but IPv6 default
settings is worth checking anyway.

Rgds, Stefan