Route aggregation in BIRD - how?

Maciej Wierzbicki voovoos-bird at killfile.pl
Mon Jan 23 17:01:08 CET 2012

Hello.

Case study:
* importing full BGP table from various uplinks
* some routes received by BGP are being exported via OSPF to core1,
using filters:
(source = RTS_BGP && bgp_path ~ [= * ASNXYZ * =])

Question: how to aggregate routes (whenever possible) before exporting
them via OSPF to core?

Example: lets say that I've received a.b.c.d/22 and a.b.c.d/24 from
asnXYZ via BGP. Lets say that I want to export routes with asnXYZ in
aspath via ospf to core1 switch. Obviously, a.b.c.d/24 is in a.b.c.d/22,
so I would like to export only a.b.c.d/22. Is it doable in bird? If yes,
any hint/keywords in doc?

--
*   Maciej Wierzbicki * At paranoia's poison door  *
*   VOO1-RIPE   *