rip is broken?

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Mon Jul 23 11:57:55 CEST 2012

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 10:27:20PM +0400, Alexander V. Chernikov wrote:
> Hello list!
>
> It seems that rip-ng changes introduced in f7615037 broke RIP so bird
> dumps core on first RIP packet:

Hello

Interesting, it works for me without problems. I do not think that
commit f7615037 is relevant, because all changes in it are either
#defined for IPv6, or irrelevant (like adding struct iface *iface
argument and change neigh_find() -> neigh_find2(), because NULL
for iface is value already used by neigh_find()).

The backtrace shows bug() is triggered, it is this one:

if (!rif)
    bug("Route packet using unknown interface? No.");

?

I see one possible way how this bug could be triggered - if you have two
interfaces with intersecting network prefixes, like 192.168.1.0/24 and
192.168.1.0/25, but only one of them active for RIP, receive packet from
IP of that iface, neigh_find[2]() may return neighbor on inactive iface
and in that case find_interface() will return NULL.

But this problem was here always.

Could you check if this is the case?
(or what was returned by neigh_find2())