Receiving routes with own AS?

Tom van Leeuwen tom.van.leeuwen at saasplaza.com
Sun Jun 24 19:17:58 CEST 2012

Hi guys,

We have a new location and have installed a bgp server with bird.
We are already using our AS and bird at the main site, but want to use
that one as well on the second site.

I'm not sure if I want/need to run iBGP, but if I had and the link would
fail, I should have at least a route through IPT to our main site.

I'm already connected through IPT at our new site, but I'm not getting
any routes for our subnets that are being announced at our main site.
Our upstream provider says that they are not filtering the routes and
that it should be my configuration that is filtering them. Well, I have
'import all' so that should not be the problem. Does bird have some
built in logic that does not accept routes with my own AS? Or is the IPT
incorrect?

Kind regards,
Tom van Leeuwen