BGP is not coming up: Error: Invalid next hop

Timur Irmatov irmatov at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 20:53:56 CEST 2013

Hi.

We have a pretty simple BGP configuration with bird:

protocol static static_isp {
        import all;

        route <net1>/22 via <gw>;
        route <net2>/23 via <gw>;
}

protocol bgp isp {
        disabled on;
        import none;
        export where proto = "static_isp";

        local as <X>;
        neighbor <nei> as <Y>;
}

Initially, we configured network interface with wrong ip address, then
after fixing this, bird gives us this error after reconfiguration
(Error: Invalid next hop). What's the problem? We could tried
restarting bird but this is production router (we have replaced Cisco
router with this Linux box) and we woudn't want to do that unless this
is really needed.

--
Timur Irmatov