Run BIRD without binding to a local TCP socket?

Job Snijders job at instituut.net
Fri Aug 23 13:00:02 CEST 2013

Dear Eric,

You could configure the BIRD instances as 'listen only' or 'passive', that
way they will not attempt to make outbound TCP connections. The other peer
must not be configured as passive, otherwise they will never establish a
BGP session. If you do this you could use any TCP load balancing mechanism
to distribute the connections amongst the BIRD processes (haproxy /
iptables / etc).

Kind regards,

Job