Segfaults with Bird 1.3.10

Jonathan Stewart jonathan.stewart at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 00:11:43 CET 2013

On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 5:16 PM, Ondrej Zajicek <santiago at crfreenet.org>wrote:

> You could check if there are any events related to that crash (like
> reconfiguration, neighbor shutdown) or any suspicious BIRD log messages
> around the crash.

Yes, a neighbour was disconnectiing/reconnecting at that exact time.  I
think this was the trigger.

> > I feel like i should upgrade to 1.4.0--is there a good place to find a
> > Ubuntu package?
>
> I don't know about Ubuntu packages, but there are 'official' Debian
> packages for BIRD here (at least for Squeeze and Wheezy):
>
> http://bird.network.cz/?download&tdir=debian/dists/

So i looked more closely at the download section of the site, like you
suggested.

And on this page:  http://bird.network.cz/?download&tdir=debian/ i found
the following:

"If you want use Ubuntu package repository, use the following command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:cz.nic-labs/bird

Or have a look at the following URL for further
instructions:https://launchpad.net/~cz.nic-labs/+archive/bird"

I looked at those things, and used them.  I upgraded to 1.3.11 first,
then 1.4.0.

So for there have been no problems with the newer releases, no crashing.

Thanks for your help,

Jonathan

--
     Jonathan